Online Training Technology
We’re excited to have you join an upcoming live, online training with Bounteous! Whether this is your first online training or you’re a Zoom professional, we’ve assembled some tips and tricks to help outline the technology we’ll be using and how you can prepare in advance.
We hope you take time ahead of your session to download and test your software and make sure you feel comfortable with the setup needed to have a positive training experience. We’re here to help make you feel comfortable and connected, so that your focus for the day can be on learning valuable material.
What should I do before my session?
- Welcome to Zoom – Download (or update) the Zoom desktop client for Meetings. We recommend using version 3.5.37712.0111 or higher. Please download the desktop client (rather than the web plugins) so you have full access to the Zoom features like breakout rooms and polls.
- Prepare your space – give yourself enough time before class to ensure your learning space is ready to go!
- Strive for quiet – Close windows to avoid noise. Inform coworkers or others in your home that you’ll be plugged in for the day.
- Check the tech – Test your internet connection, plug your laptop in, and quit all but necessary apps. We will take a few breaks throughout the day, plus a 30 min lunch break, to answer emails and texts. Likewise, set away messages for those apps to let everyone know you’ll be slow to respond.
- Check your surroundings – Be aware of what is visible in your background and avoid fidget items on your desk to keep yourself productive.
- Ready for the spotlight? – If you plan on using your camera, avoid any direct lighting into the camera. Reposition or switch off light sources as needed.
How Do I Join?
Please plan to join Zoom 30 minutes prior to the training. It is not required, but highly recommended to ensure all the technology is in working order – on both ends!
- You will receive the Zoom link prior to the meeting.
- Identify yourself by the name as listed on your registration.
- To change your own name that is displayed, hover over your name in the participants list and click Rename. You can permanently change your name in your profile.
- Give a warning that class is about to start (around the 5 min mark)
- Get any last-minute questions answered
- Introduce the trainers participating in the training
Training Day Agenda
Each day starts at 10AM EASTERN, but feel free to log on as early as 9:30AM to get yourself comfortable, test the tools, and even chat with the trainer about high-level objectives! Once you’re set-up, go grab your cup of coffee and rejoin at 10AM.
The Zoom room will be staffed by 2 hosts (two trainers). When you join, your camera and microphone will be muted. We encourage everyone to turn their camera on – having a face to a name is super helpful and makes this more than just another virtual meeting!
The trainer will:
The trainer will announce the 30-minute lunch break at noon. Take this time to grab a bite to eat and catch up on any important work messages.
Training ends at 3PM ET, and the trainer will stay on afterward to answer questions.
Help! I’m Supposed To Be In Class, But My Technology Isn’t Working!
If you’re experiencing urgent Zoom issues (not loading video, audio, etc) call Hannah K. directly at 720-923-2711. You can also email the team at firstname.lastname@example.org with other concerns or questions surrounding technology requirements for online training.
You can ask questions live if the trainer asks or you can write in the Zoom chat box.
Re-join the Zoom meeting by clicking on the link sent to your registration email address.
If you continue to lose your connection, please call Hannah K. directly at 720-923-2711 or email email@example.com.
Participants will be initially muted. Most conversations will happen through the chat box in the meeting window.
The hosts control whether participants can unmute themselves. You will be able to speak to the other participants and the hosts both during the question and answer sections as well as during the breakout rooms.
Please use a headset or earbuds if possible. Using your speakers will cause feedback when others are speaking.
A webcam is encouraged, but not required. Since this is a class environment, we’d love to see those in the room with us, but do not feel like you need to keep in on for the program! Our pre-training survey includes the opportunity to send a headshot so the trainer can introduce everyone at the beginning of class.
Zoom allows a Virtual Background option to hide the background from your video feed. Be aware that your hardware may not support this feature.
Test your audio before your session to ensure you’re getting the best results.